This is a comprehensive guide to everything you need to know on your way to becoming a professional web development. Web development is a process of many steps from the idea to a professional web site. Let’s start with the roadmap that we are going to take.
- Start: Identify the basic tools.
- Station 1: Web Design Tools and Languages.
- Station 2: Site programming tools and languages.
- Last stop: Developer tools.
The beginning of the journey – the basic tools for website design
- Browser: The web developer who specializes in the design of the site needs the browser almost always, where it is used to experience the site during the design process and the most important and most famous browsers for good designers: Google Chrome & Firefox. Chrome is the most popular browser between them despite the potential of the Firefox browser.
- Editor: A tool needed by the site designer and the programmer specialized in the server, and some more helpful programs provide add-ons for programming to facilitate the writing and understanding of programs and the most famous editors: VS Code, Atom, WebStorm, etc. All of them are powerful and convenient for web development, but the most common among them is VS Code.
- Design program: The developer may need a design program to design the components of the site. Adobe has launched a program Adobe XD specializes in designing websites and mobile applications.
The first stop – Front-end website design
In the first stop we will stop at the details of building the front-end design of the site and its ability to interact with users, as well as being proportional to all their devices and build everything the site needs from the user side, and to do this we start to learn several things and the steps are as follows:
Step One – the basics of HTML / CSS design
Beginners often learn the basics together, as the developer builds the elements of the interface via HTML and then arranges them and adds some aesthetic through CSS, and can not proceed with web development without a good foundation.
Here are some important points to be mastered in this step:
- Semantics of HTML5 elements.
- Basics of ordering items using CSS3.
- Web within the web page and Flexbox properties.
- Transformations in CSS.
- Use browser development tools.
Step Two – Build a Responsive Design
After learning the principles of building a web page and having sufficient knowledge in the basics of design, the developer should learn to build a website compatible with all devices and screens, which is called Responsive Design, which is necessary for building any website, including knowledge of several points, including:
- Viewport organization.
- Flexible build the fluid display to suit any device.
- Organize media elements (photos and videos).
- Use relative units such as rem to improve the appearance of the site on various devices.
- The design is compatible with the mobile besides the computer.
Step Three – Programming Design
- Data types, dependencies, conditions, loops, and transactions.
- Understand the communication process between JS and HTML and a good understanding of DOM and events.
- Knowledge of data modulation methods such as JSON and XML.
- How to send requests online.
- Advanced concepts at JS include arrow-related functions, promises, and the most famous ES6 concepts.
Step Four – Know the basics of jQuery
Step Five – Know the basics of Ajax
Step Six – Use Sass
Sass, or known as an advanced CSS handler, allows you to manipulate transformers, use input instructions, some rules, and some other instructions, as well as organize the appearance of properties further, helping to make CSS easier and more flexible.
Step Seven – Use the JS framework
It is no longer prevalent to build sites without the use of frameworks that fit the need of the site and to choose the appropriate framework for the site to know the options available, perhaps the most famous frameworks are:
- Vue framework: Vue library is one of the easiest libraries in terms of learning, has flourished recently, and is a suitable framework for small projects and single-page sites, and can very quickly learn and apply and enjoy the results, and in fact, large companies began to use more and increased desire to hire Vue experts.
Here you can call yourself Front-End Developer and get a job.
Second Station – Back-end Programming
The web developer journey continues after completing different skills and reaching the stage of the front-end developer.
The first step – Server Programming Languages
- PHP: One of the most popular languages around the world dedicated to server programming, and more than half of the sites and services that we find on the Internet are written in PHP language.
- Python: Python can be used to program the server, one of the important and powerful languages in the programming of the server around the world.
The second step – the use of frameworks
As in the design of the site, no one would like to rebuild the engine from scratch, so we are going to use some famous frameworks to accelerate and facilitate the work of programming, including:
- Django Framework: The most famous Python language framework, which helps organize and arrange software files and facilitates work.
- Laravel Framework: The most powerful framework for PHP Although there are other options like Symfony, Laravel is the most popular.
- Express window: It’s the most commonly used frame with Node.js, and if you decide to use it you should take a look and try it.
The third step – Databases
- MySQL: It is the most used for relational databases, the most popular classical type among database types and we add it PostgreSQL and MS SQL.
- MongoDB: It is the most popular type of non-SQL-based database or so-called NoSQL.
One last stop – tools and concepts of interest to developers
- The concept of MVC (Model-View-Controller) that accompanies most software frameworks.
- HTTP / HTTPS concepts and everything related to Internet security.
- Programs within the server Apache and xampp that make the server capable of running software files.
- Site SEO compatibility with any search engines, where the site is built within certain criteria to improve visibility in the search results.
- Software dealing with files within the server and the transfer mechanism of the server such as Filezilla.
Here the developer can say that you are Full Stack Developer and get your dream job as a professional web developer. It must be noted that the tools and software mentioned are constantly changing and the developer should follow the new tools.