Take a moment and do this right now! Google “is seo dead?”. What you will see is millions of results arguing for and against. But when you cut through the farrago and look at what some of the established industry leaders think, the answer is quite clear. NO, SEO is not dead. Actually its quite far from it. SEO is still very alive and kicking although the game has changed a lot in last few years.
“SEO is far from dead it’s changed so drastically that people really need to learn to think of it as less of a marketing tactic, and more of a branding play.”
Actually, it’s even more important to SEO-optimize a site for M2M communication in IoT.
So having said that, lets look at 7 reasons why you should be investing in organic search right now.
1. It still just works – Firstly, the strategies used to improve SEO still work. Even though data regarding organic traffic from Google was removed recently, the techniques themselves remain sound. Plenty of SEO case studies performed after the infamous Hummingbird update can be used to verify this. Just focus on great user experience and produce content for human consumption (not just robots).
2. It is not going to stop any time soon – Based on the way search engines appear to be developing, it is not likely that SEO will stop being effective any time in the foreseeable future. On some level, even audio and video searches ultimately depend on keywords the same as traditional text-based content; this ensures the continued success of SEO techniques as it exists right now.
3. It is cost-effective – Compared to the costs associated with other forms of online marketing such as PPC advertising, social media marketing, or purchasing leads for an email marketing program, SEO provides fairly good ROI. While PPC may drive more revenue and social media may be more important for your image, your organic SEO in many ways remains a bedrock of your online presence.
4. Search engines grabbing more market share – Somewhere between 80-90% of customers now check online reviews prior to making a purchase, and this number is only expected to increase. It won’t be long before virtually everyone is searching for products and services online. Do you want them to be able to locate your business, or not? Without organic SEO in place, people will have a very hard time finding you and will instead find your competitors.
5. Rise of mobile bandwidth and local search optimization – Later this year, the amount of traffic delivered to mobile devices is expected to exceed that delivered to traditional desktop devices. With this dramatic explosion in mobile usage, a whole new world of effective SEO techniques have opened up for companies, such as local search optimization.
6. Not having a healthy content profile is damaging – With each and every update to its search algorithm, Google and other engines change the way they look at websites. Things which didn’t exist a few years ago, such as social media indicators, are now given fairly high importance in terms of their impact on your rankings. Not building a healthy content profile spread out months and years is potentially damaging to your business, as it is one of the factors Google evaluates when looking at your site.
7. Your competitors are doing it – “Remember, SEO is a never-ending process,” says Jason Bayless, Owner of BestSeoCompanies.com. “If you’re not moving forward and improving your position, you’re losing ground to a competitor who is. That’s a simple fact of how the process works.” Don’t let your competitors out manoeuvre you by ignoring this valuable tool for your business.
What’s Holding You Back?
Enter the URL of any landing page or blog article and see how optimized it is for one keyword or phrase.